Monday 11 May 2009

Morning has broken

OK, final post of the night. It's 1.30am and I'm wide awake. I'm seriously considering introducing an amendment to the Equalities Bill (due in Parliament later today), which would prohibit discrimination against those of us who suffer from 'not being a morning person'. Compulsory attendance at breakfast meetings would obviously be grounds for a constructive dismissal claim. Radio stations booking you in for an 8am slot and then changing it to 7am at the last moment could find themselves in the law courts. Mothers who force their children to sit at the breakfast table with a bowl of cereal growing soggier by the moment at a time of day when no reasonable person would consider eating (and yes, I'm talking about you, Mother) could find their offspring the subject of care proceedings. What do you reckon?

2 comments:

Dick the Prick said...

I'd proper support this. I need my five a day before i'm able to do much - 3 fags + 2 cups of tea. Best part of the day? That's astronomer discrimination - uuurrrgghhh. I worked it out years back that it's never good taking leave on Monday as Tuesday just doubles up in nastiness.

Remember Remember said...

Clearly monthly insomnia is a woman thing. That's because women are NOT equal to men, they are different.